Rich ingredients come together for a delicious holiday dessert. Make yours with cash back from Ibotta.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (12 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ½ cup Just Mayo (8 ounces)
- 1 4-ounce stick Challenge Butter, melted
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat an oven to 400F.
- Mix the flour, 1 teaspoon sugar and Just Mayo in a bowl with a spatula until a loose dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a deep, 9-inch pie pan and evenly press into the pan. Use a flat-bottomed measuring cup to help evenly press the dough across the base and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush the inside the chilled shell with some of the melted butter. Bake until the dough starts to set but not colored, about 12 minutes. Don’t prick the shell if it puffs up. Set aside. Turn down the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, sugar, almond milk, cornstarch, baking powder, nutmeg and vanilla until fully combined.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto the partially baked pie shell. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the center of the filling has set and the top is lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature before serving. The pie keeps in the refrigerator for 2-3 days covered.
Optional: Just before serving, sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar evenly across the surface of the pie. Use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar and brulee until dark brown.
Learn more about earning real cash back on your grocery purchases with Ibotta.