Fresh greens, shaved parmesan and the classic taste of basil pesto come together for a simple pasta dish you’ll end up making again and again.
- 1 6.3-ounce jar Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto (3/4 cups)
- 5 cups assorted baby greens such as baby kale, arugula or spinach
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 box Barilla Farfalle
- Fresh basil leaves torn, (optional)
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor add the Traditional Basil Pesto and avocado; mix to combine; set aside.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Farfalle; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot; stir in the baby greens and Traditional Basil Pesto mixture; add pasta water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve topped with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan, if desired.
Pro Tip: Let the dish cool slightly and serve it as a pasta salad for your next picnic or potluck.
image & recipe via BarillaShare