These homemade pizza rolls are a crowd-pleasing appetizer for any occasion. Make yours with cash back from Ibotta.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted & slightly cooled
- 1 (1/4 oz.) package active try yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 36 pepperonis
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- prepared pizza sauce, for dipping
- For the dough: In a large bowl, melt the butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the yeast and sugar to a separate small bowl. Gently pour the warm water over it. Let proof until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Once butter is slightly cooled, whisk in the milk, egg and yeast mixture. Add the flour and salt and stir until well combined. Using well-floured hands, form dough into a moist ball. Place in a buttered bowl and cover tightly in plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a microwave safe bowl. Spread it evenly over the bottom of a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once the dough has risen, gently punch down on it to release the air bubbles. Divide the dough into 18 (1/4 cup size) balls on a floured surface. Using floured hands, flatten one ball of dough at a time into a 4-inch circle on the floured surface. Place a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella in the center of the dough, top with 2 pepperonis and another teaspoon of cheese. Fold the dough up over the fillings and pinch to seal. Place the sealed side down on the buttered baking sheet. Repeat with remaining balls of dough and fillings, placing the rolls about an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Brush it evenly over the tops and sides of the rolls. Sprinkle the garlic salt, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese evenly over the tops of the buttered rolls.
- Bake rolls on the top rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
image & recipe via Gold Medal Flour