Whip up a light and delicious dessert for the whole family with Strawberry Shortcakes from Hampton Creek, made with Just Mayo and topped with powdered sugar.
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, washed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Just Mayo
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Whipped cream, your favorite type
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Place the chopped strawberries in medium mixing bowl, sprinkle with the sugar, and gently toss to coat.
- For best results, let the strawberries macerate in the refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the natural strawberry syrup to form.
- Lightly grease a standard-size, 12-cup muffin pan and preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the Just Mayo and coconut milk and fold in until evenly incorporated.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each of the 12 muffin slots – the cups should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden on the edges, then let the pan cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, place each cake on a small dessert plate. Top with spoonfuls of the strawberries and dollops of whipped cream.
- If desired, layer on a second cake and top with additional strawberries and whipped cream.
- Garnish each cake with a sprig of fresh mint and a dusting of powdered sugar.