Nothing warms you up quite like a hearty bowl of chili.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (16-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 can (11-ounces) corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
- Chopped red onion, optional
- Cilantro sprigs, optional
- Heat vegetable oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In drippings remaining in saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until well browned on both sides, stirring frequently. Stir in chili powder and salt; cook one minute. Add tomatoes (and their liquid), kidney beans and TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce. Heat mixture to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn and cilantro; heat through.
- Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese, red onion and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
image & recipe via Tabasco