Spice up your spread for the Big Game with a few savory Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños from Jimmy Dean, loaded with melted cheddar cheese.
- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Roll Sausage (or substitute 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles)
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 medium fresh jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook sausage in large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Fill each pepper with a generous portion of sausage mixture; press lightly into peppers to secure. (Filling should mound slightly above top edges of peppers.)
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet or in broiler pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and filling is lightly browned.
Pairing Suggestion: Dos Equis
(image & recipe via Jimmy Dean)