Make a protein-packed breakfast with Quinoa Salsa Egg Muffins from Eggland’s Best, loaded with flavor and spice.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/4 cup dry)
- 1/3 cup Eggland’s Best 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 Eggland’s Best Egg (large), yolk and white separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 6 Tablespoons homemade salsa
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Generously spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg yolk, garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper until eggs are frothy.
- Add cooked quinoa to the egg mixture to combine.
- Divide the mixture among 6 muffin cavities, filling each cavity 3/4 of the way full.
- To each cavity, add 1-2 tbsp salsa stirring the salsa into the egg/quinoa mixture to disperse.
- Bake muffins 20-25 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
Pairing Suggestion: Dunkin’ Donuts Coffee
(image & recipe via Eggland’s Best)