No holiday party is complete without a batch of these deliciously festive OREO truffles. Make yours with cash back from Ibotta.
- 36 OREO Cookies, divided (original not doublestuf), plus 3 more for topping if desired
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. almond bark or candy melts, or melted white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes or crushed starlight mints
- Mix 1 /13 tsp. of peppermint extract with the cream cheese in a stand mixer.
- Set a long sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet, set aside. Place 36 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie, don’t remove cream filling) and pulse too fine crumbs (alternately if you don’t own a food processor you can place Oreos in a large resealable bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed).
- Pour crushed Oreos into the bowl of a stand mixer along with cream cheese and mix on low speed until well combined (alternately you can use a mixing bowl and a spoon to mix together).
- Scoop mixture out about 1 Tbsp at a time and form into 1 inch balls then align on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place truffles in freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile crush remaining 3 Oreos.
- Melt almond bark or chocolate according to directions on package. Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate and use a spoon to pour some chocolate over the top then lift and allow excess chocolate to run off (I barely made it with 16 oz. of the melted bark but you may need a little more).
- Return to baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with remaining crushed Oreos and candy canes then allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
image & recipe via Cooking Classy
Learn more about earning real cash back on your grocery purchases with Ibotta.