Start a new tradition this Thanksgiving with a batch of scrumptious mini apple pies, made with fresh apple, cinnamon and almond crumble.
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cold Parkay® Original-stick
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 pkg (15 oz each) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1- pounds apples (such as Braeburn), cored, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Stir together 6 tablespoons brown sugar, almonds and flour in small bowl. Cut in Parkay with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 18 medium nonstick muffin cups with baking spray. Roll each pie crust into a 13-inch circle on floured work surface. Trim and discard edges to make two 10-1/2-inch square crusts. Cut each crust into 9 square pieces. Carefully press pieces into muffin cups; set aside.
- Combine apples, remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in large bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup apple mixture into each crust-lined muffin cup.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top each with crumble mixture; bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until crumble browns. Cool in pan 5 minutes; carefully remove from muffin cups. Top each with Reddi-wip just before serving.
image & recipe via Ready Set EatShare