Ibotta knows recipes are meant to be shared. Get cash back and create memories with the whole family. Check out this Italian Turkey and Vegetable Soup recipe! It serves 8-10 people and can be made vegan, vegetarian, and/or gluten-free.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 small to medium yellow onion, chopped
- Fresh or frozen vegetables of choice, diced
- Celery, 3 stalks
- Carrots, 2 small to medium
- Zucchini, 1 small to medium
- Chopped cabbage, 2-3 cups (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can Italian plum tomatoes in puree, chopped
- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb. ground turkey or plant-based meat
- 6 to 8 cups bone broth, chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1-2 cups of small pasta, such as penne
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot. While the oil is warming up, chop up the garlic and vegetables.
Add the garlic and onions to the pot. Stir occasionally until the onions are translucent and add the rest of the vegetables to the pot. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften and cook through.
*If you are using frozen vegetables, make sure that the vegetables are thoroughly warmed through before moving on.
Add the ground turkey or plant-based meat and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Stir occasionally on medium heat and cook until the meat is browned, about 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil, making sure to break up the tomatoes.
Add the dried pasta and cook according to the package instructions.
Add the canned beans and cabbage and turn the heat down to low and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes. If too much liquid evaporates, feel free to add water or broth as needed.
Taste and add any additional seasonings if necessary.
*Pro-tip: serve this soup with a warm biscuit on the side!
Don’t forget to check the Ibotta app to earn cash back on ingredients!