Mediterranean flavors combine with the rich taste of Sargento Mozzarella Cheese for an Italian sandwich that’s grilled to melted perfection.
- 2 slices Sargento Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 slices White, Italian, or sourdough bread
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, rinsed and dried
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Italian salad dressing
- Place slice of cheese on slice of bread; top with red peppers and basil leaves. Place remaining cheese on top; close with a slice of bread. Brush dressing over the outside surfaces of the bread.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the sandwich 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Pairing Suggestion: New Belgium Beer
image & recipe via Sargento