- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge European Style Butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Challenge European Style Butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon whiskey
- 2 drop green food color
- optional: green cake decorating crystals
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture into butter mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out half of dough at a time on a lightly floured surface to ⅛-inch thickness (approx. 12-inch circle). Cut into shamrock shapes with floured cookie cutter. Place ½- inches apart on parchment lined or unbuttered cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- For the Buttercream Icing: Cream butter. Add powdered sugar and blend well. Stir in whiskey and beat well. Blend in food color. Add additional sugar or whiskey if necessary for spreading consistency. Makes ½-cup icing.
- Spread tops of cookies with buttercream icing and sprinkle with green cake decorating crystals. Store in airtight container.
image & recipe via Challenge DairyShare