Running out the door? Grab a few honey oat cookies from Nature Nate’s for a bite-sized breakfast you can enjoy on the go.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nature Nate’s Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, honey, brown sugar and egg.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, oats, bran and flaxseed meal.
- Combine dry ingredients with creamed mixture. when well blended, mix in fruits and nuts.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets in heaping tablespoons. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen.
image & recipe via Nature Nate’s