Need a meat and potato dish for St. Paddy’s? This Irish classic is a great addition to any holiday feast.
- 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (0.87 oz) onion gravy mix
- 2 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien with onions and peppers (from 24-oz bag)
- 1 package (0.87 oz) onion & peppers (from 24-oz bag)
- 1/2 cup Green Giant Select frozen baby sweet peas
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick Baking Mix
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the onions, 1 cup water, the garlic salt and gravy mix (dry). Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Stir in potatoes, peas and tomato. Heat until hot; reduce heat to medium-low.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick mix, remaining 2 tablespoons onions and 1/2 cup water until soft dough forms. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (see Success tip) onto beef mixture.
- Cover; cook 8 minutes. Uncover; cook 8 to 10 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean.
Pairing Suggestion: Guinness Beer
image & recipe via Betty CrockerShare