Ibotta has an idea for a gluten-free Halloween treat everyone will love. These cookies are so indulgent, it’s scary! Plus, you can earn monster cash back on select ingredients.
Want to add this recipe to your personal collection? Download the recipe card!
Spooky Chocolate Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
Makes approximately 25 cookies
- 1 cup Pamela’s Baking & Pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Butterfinger Bits
- 1/2 cup chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 candy eyes
- Miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Pour the baking mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in a bowl and stir with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until it’s light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and the egg and beat well.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture and beat until it’s just combined. Fold in the Butterfinger Bits and 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, form into balls and place about 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Gently press an upside-down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to a wire rack to cool.
- After moving all of the cookies to the wire rack, put the candy eyes in place while the chocolate is still soft.
- Once the cookies have cooled, place the rest of the chocolate chips in the corner of a ziplock sandwich bag and microwave for 20 seconds until the chocolate has melted. Cut a small piece off of the corner and pipe eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set, and enjoy!
Don’t forget — you can get cash back on your ingredients with Ibotta. Here’s to a deliciously fun Halloween!