Liven up any fiesta with a tasty Green Pea Guacamole from Hampton Creek. One dip won’t be enough!
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sweet peas, shucked
- 2 jalapeños
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 avocados, ripe, pitted
- 3 tablespoons Just Goddess
- 1/4 cup scallions, whites only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 lime, cut in 6 wedges
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Place two cups of ice with two cups of water and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl. Set the ice bath near the pot of boiling water.
- Place the peas in the boiling water and cook until just tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully remove the peas from the water and add to the ice bath to stop the cooking process and preserve the bright green color. Allow to the peas to cool, then drain and reserve.
- Turn oven to the broil setting and move oven rack to the top rung.
- Put the jalapeños on a baking sheet and place in the oven directly under broiler on the top rack. Allow the broiler to char the jalapeño skin. Using tongs turn and char the other side of jalapeño and then remove from oven.
- Place the jalapeños in a small bowl and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Allow the jalapeños to steam and cool in the covered bowl for about 15 minutes. Once cool, run the peppers under cold tap water removing the burnt outer skin. Cut the jalapeños into strips, removing the seeds and stems.
- In a large blender or food processor place the peas, roasted jalapeños, cilantro, avocado, Just Goddess, scallions, hot sauce, lime juice and lime zest. Pulse in several long burst to puree the peas and incorporate all the blended items together.
- Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges.
image & recipe via Hampton CreekShare