Ready to whip up some magic? Make a horrifyingly good treat this Halloween with this tasty (and healthy) recipe and cash back with Ibotta!
We’re all about getting festive, and Halloween treats are no exception! Ready to join in the fun? First, check Ibotta for cash back offers, grab your ingredients, & then follow the instructions below!
- 28 blanched almonds
- 1 tube black gel food coloring
- 14 large pretzel rods
- 12 ounces bright-green candy coating
Making the Fingernails:
- Use a small food-safe paintbrush to paint the top of each almond with black gel food coloring (wear gloves to avoid dying your hands).
- Set aside a waxed paper or parchment paper to dry.
Making the Fingers:
- Break or cut each pretzel rod in half.
- Place the green candy coating & microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating & burning. Continue until the candy coating is completely melted & smooth.
- Holding a pretzel rod by the unbroken end, dip it in the green coating until almost all of it is covered, leaving about a 1/2-inch section undipped at the top where you are holding it.
- Place the dipped pretzel on the same lined baking sheet you used to dry the black candy-coated almond nails and immediately press one of them on the tip of the pretzel rod that is coated in green candy coating.
Adding the Details:
- Continue to dip more pretzels and, while you do, keep an eye on the already-dipped pretzels. When the coating has started to dry and is mostly matte but not completely hard, it’s time to add the wrinkles for the knuckles.
- Take a toothpick and hold it perpendicular to the pretzels. Gently roll it across the top to add wrinkles. Make two sets—one set near the fingernail, and one set about halfway down the finger. This will make your witch finger super realistic-looking.
- After all the pretzels have been dipped and decorated, refrigerate the tray for 10 minutes to set the coating completely.
That’s it! Witches fingers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one month.
New to Ibotta? Download the free app today & start earning cash back on the things you buy every day.