This festive veggie spread is the perfect appetizer for holiday guests.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 container (8 oz) chives-and-onion cream cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons sliced ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped cucumber
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from can in 1 long roll; do not unroll or separate. Cut roll into 16 slices.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, place slices cut side down to form tree. Start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching. Continue arranging a row of 3 slices, then a row of 4 slices, ending with a row of 5 slices. Use remaining slice for tree trunk.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully loosen from cookie sheet with spatula, and slide onto cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Place tree on serving platter or tray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese spread and milk until smooth. Spread mixture over baked tree.
- Cut strips from red bell pepper for garland; chop any remaining red pepper. With small star-shaped canapé cutter, cut star from yellow bell pepper; chop remaining yellow pepper. Decorate tree with bell peppers, broccoli, carrots and cucumber. Serve immediately, or cover loosely and refrigerate up to 24 hours before serving.
Pairing Suggestion: Yellow Tail Wine
image & recipe via PillsburyShare