This bold banana bread is perfect any time of day. Make yours with cash back from Ibotta.
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large Organic Valley Eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Peel bananas and place in a sealable plastic bag. Squeeze and flatten the bag to mash the bananas.
- Freeze sealed bag of bananas until solid.
- Thaw the bananas and pour into a fine mesh strainer placed over a small saucepan.
- Strain the banana pulp for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and collecting the liquid in the pan. (approx. 1½ cups pulp and ¾ cup liquid.)
- Set pulp aside and cook the liquid over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.
- Blend banana liquid with cocoa powder and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously butter a 8½ x 4-inch loaf pan (or line the pan with parchment).
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- 1Blend dry mix and banana pulp into butter mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Remove about a cup of batter and combine with cocoa mixture.
- Spoon the cocoa batter alternately with the plain batter into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl batters together using a knife.
- Bake for one hour or until center tests done. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes then remove from pan. Allow to completely cool before slicing.
image & recipe via Challenge Dairy
Learn more about earning real cash back on your grocery purchases with Ibotta.