Ibotta loves holiday cookies! Bake and decorate your own custom-shaped sugar cookies from McCormick’s and create a colorful on-the-go treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- For the Cookie Pops, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to ½-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Insert lollipop sticks into each cookie. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For the Royal Icing, beat confectioners’ sugar, water, meringue powder and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. For stand mixer, beat on low speed 7 to 10 minutes. For hand mixer, beat on high speed 10 to 12 minutes. Divide icing into small bowls. Tint with desired food colors. Spread or pipe icing onto cookies.
(image & recipe via McCormick)
Don’t forget to earn cash back on baking supplies when you start with Ibotta!