This tasty treat comes together easily, perfect for a night on the couch or your next dinner party. Make yours with cash back from Ibotta.
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup DairyPure Half & Half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pasteurized egg white or 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whipped cream (see directions below)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup DairyPure® Heavy Whipping Cream
Directions for Mousse:
- Combine DairyPure® Half & Half, chocolate and salt in a heatproof bowl. Stir ingredients over simmering water until chocolate is melted, (around 5 minutes). Set aside and let cool to room temperature (between 15 and 20 minutes).
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the egg white in a bowl until soft peaks form. Then add sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
- Add vanilla and sour cream into the chocolate mix and stir. In two separate bowls, whisk the egg-white mixture into the chocolate mixture until completely blended. Scoop mousse into 3 serving dishes (small glasses, teacups or bowls). Cover dishes carefully with cling wrap and refrigerate until chilled (1 hour minimum). Prior to serving, garnish each mousse with whipped cream and chocolate curls (optional).
Directions for Whipped Cream:
- Combine sugar and DairyPure® Heavy Whipping Cream in a metal mixing bowl.
- Whisk until the whipped cream reaches stiff peaks.
- Add to Chocolate Mousse recipe immediately.
image & recipe via DairyPure
Learn more about earning real cash back on your grocery purchases with Ibotta.