- 12 ounce package frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Daisy Sour Cream
- Cook the broccoli as directed on the package; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the green onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the stock and 1 cup of the milk.
- Heat the mixture to boiling.
- Whisk the flour into the remaining milk and add to the boiling liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat; add the salt, pepper, hot broccoli and cheese.
- Cook until the cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream.
(image & recipe via Daisy Sour Cream)Share