Switch up your morning routine with a breakfast-themed sushi roll you can whip up in under 20 minutes.
- 1 large wheat tortilla
- 2 tbsp. shredded cheese
- 1 Eggland’s Best Egg (Large)
- 3 tablespoons Eggland’s Best 100% Liquid Egg Whites
- ½ avocado (mashed)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- Spray a small, non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-low heat.
- In a bowl whisk together egg and liquid egg whites.
- Pour in egg mixture and season with salt + pepper (do not scramble ).
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook until set, flip (like a pancake) and allow to finish cooking on opposite side for another 30 seconds.
- While egg is cooking, lay out tortilla and sprinkle evenly with cheese (leaving a 2-inch border around the edges). Place egg in the center over the cheese, spread with avocado, and top with spinach.
- Start at one end and roll tightly. Spray the same skillet with non-stick cooking spray on heat on medium-high.
- Place roll seam-side down on skillet.
- Allow to brown slightly on both sides. Remove and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, slice 1-inch size pieces, and serve with some more mashed avocado to resemble wasabi! Enjoy.
Pairing Suggestion: Suja Juice
(image & recipe via Eggland’s Best)