Try a new way to eat pizza with these festive Shamrock pot pies, filled with pepperoni, bell pepper and cheese.
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups roasted garlic marinara sauce or regular marina sauce
- 1 block (8 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 4 (8-oz) glass custard cups with cooking spray. Place on pan with sides.
- Cut 4 (1/4-inch) rings from center portion of bell pepper; set aside. Chop remaining bell pepper. In large microwavable bowl, mix chopped bell pepper, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until mixture is hot. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins (about 3/4 cup each).
- On lightly floured surface, pat dough sheet to 14×9-inch rectangle. Cut 4 (4 1/2-inch) circles from dough sheet. Top each ramekin with dough circle, gently pressing dough around edges. Brush top of dough with egg. Top each with bell pepper ring.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until dough is golden brown and baked though.
Pairing Suggestion: GUINNESS Draft
image & recipe via Pillsbury