Load up whole wheat pita bread with fresh basil, Roma tomatoes and Daisy Cottage Cheese for a satisfying appetizer you can make in minutes.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto
- 1 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped Roma tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- Toast the pita bread until crispy and firm (about 1 minute in a toaster oven).
- Spread the pesto on each pita bread, lightly covering the entire surface.
- Spread the cottage cheese evenly over each pita. Top with chopped tomato and fresh basil. If desired, sprinkle each pita with Parmesan and garlic bread seasoning. Slice each pita into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
image & recipe via Daisy Brand