Expecting company? Put together a flavorful side dish for dinner guests with a Green Bean Salad from Marzetti.
- 1 cup, crushed New York Bakery Texas Toast Asiago Cheese Croutons
- 1/2 cup Simply Dressed Champagne Salad Dressing
- 8 oz fresh green beans ( or mixture of green and wax beans), snapped
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; blanch beans for 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Cut beans into 2 inch pieces.
- Place beans, tomatoes, onion, kidney beans, pine nuts, dressing and New York Bakery Texas Toast Asiago Cheese Croutons in a mixing bowl; toss gently and serve.
Pairing Suggestion: Mark West Pinot Noir
(image & recipe via Marzetti)