Enjoy the delicious flavors of an Italian classic with the great taste of an Eggland’s Best poached egg.
- 2 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 4 cups salad greens
- 24 grape tomatoes, halved
- 8-10 kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tuna filets, fresh (approximately 3oz. each)
- 1 tin rolled anchovies with capers (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil for dressing
- White wine vinegar for dressing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour water into a medium-size skillet, approximately 1 inch high; bring water to a boil.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl and very gently slide into boiling water to poach; repeat with second egg; cook until whites are firm and yolks are set, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook tuna filets that have been seasoned with salt and pepper (to your taste) until done and set aside.
- In another medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and saute garlic, tomatoes, olives and capers until tomatoes are softened.
- Arrange salad greens evenly between 2 plates; place tomato mixture on top of greens on each plate, then top with tuna. If you use anchovies, place around tuna.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar, to your taste, over salad and place poached egg on top. Season to your taste and serve.
Pairing Suggestion: Sweet Leaf Tea
(image & recipe via Eggland’s Best)