Halloween is a bewitching time for savings. Skip the tricks and go straight to the treats with this homemade doughnut recipe from Betty Crocker. Bake your own sweets and earn $1.50 back on Bisquick baking mix.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwhich cookies
- 4 ounces of semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange candy sprinkles
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 2 (6-count) doughnut pans with cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, vanilla and egg until blended. Stir in melted butter until blended. Stir in 2/3 cup crushed cookies. Spoon batter into resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off ½-inch corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe batter into pans.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove doughnuts from pan to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and whipping cream uncovered on High 45 seconds; stir with whisk until smooth. Dip tops of doughnuts in ganache; let excess drip off. Return to cooling rack. Decorate with candy sprinkles and coarsely crushed cookies. Let stand until set.
(image & recipe via Betty Crocker)